In-person services have officially begun! The staff at the “Ike” have determined that it is now safe enough for us to begin gathering again in their facility and they have approved our safety preparedness plan.
As expected, there will be awesome worship and preaching, and since Westside Kids is opening in stages. For now, the Preschool and Toddlers classes (ages 6mo. – 5yrs.) are available! The big kids class (age 6 – 5th grade) will resume on October 11. Until then, we’ve added fun elements to our main service for kids and families!
Westside remains committed to providing a safe place to worship for you and your family. There will be masks available and we have partnered with the Ike to follow the high sanitation standards recommended by the CDC.
WHAT WE’RE DOING TO HELP YOU STAY HEALTHY
- Hand-sanitizing stations will be placed throughout the building.
- Masks will be available on-site at our locations if you want one.
- Recommended distancing guidelines will be in place, including spread out seating option.
- Our greeters will be opening doors for you.
- All high-volume areas will be thoroughly sanitized.
- Water fountains will not be available at this time.
- Cafe and coffee stations will not be available at this time.
- Restrooms will be available and sanitized.
- Offering will be made available online.
- We will temperature check team members and staff before serving.
HOW YOU CAN BE SAFE
- Wash your hands and use hand sanitizer often.
- Try to maintain a distance of six feet between yourself and other guests.
- If you have an underlying medical condition, believe you are in a high-risk category, please continue worshipping with us online.
WATCH FOR SYMPTOMS
In the last 14 days, if you have been experiencing symptoms of a cough, runny nose, shortness of breath, fever, or if you have had in-person contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19, please do not attend an in-person service and plan to worship with us online instead.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Serve at church – there are many opportunities! Text “ATEAM” to 97000 and a staff member will connect with you this week.
- We have been mobilizing across the city to partner with other churches, local food banks, schools, individuals, and organizations to maximize the efforts to serve the people in our communities. Check the website frequently for opportunities as they come up.
- Financially contribute. Because of your generosity, we’re able to operate our finances in a way that allows us to give in times of need and crisis. That’s exactly what we’re doing now, and we want this generosity to continue. If you feel led to financially be a part of our outreach efforts, visit the giving page.
- Stay connected to your Westside community.
Prayer is our first response, not our last resort. We’re comforted and empowered knowing we serve a miracle-working God who is an ever-present help in times of trouble (Psalm 46:1). Ask the Holy Spirit to open your eyes and show you how to pray for those on the front lines, at high risk, and in great need.
We’d love to pray for you and your needs. Ask for prayer or email email@example.com and our prayer team will pray for you specifically throughout the week.